Sunday, August 9, 2009

Review of the top selling Levitating Globes

I've had a chance to personally examine and play with many of the Levitating Globes currently on the market. I think I sell every type and brand of Globe on one my websites, but I have no preferance from one manufacturer to the other. I am giving an un-biased review of the top selling levitating globes on the market.
If I am not mistaken, Fascinations is the only company currently manufacturing levitating globes in the US market. Cram used to have a few of its own, but I believe they are now out of business.

Fascinations has at 4 different types of Globes on the market.

1. Floating Ideas
2. Stellanova
3. Terra Magic
4. Levitron

Floating Ideas - This is probably their most distinguished looking product line out of the four. It is slender, sleek and Hi tech looking. This product line also feature 3 different styles to choose from. The Artistic Base, the Cosmic Base and the Original or Silver Base. Each of these are interchangible with custom accessories like a Stealth Fighter, a Picture Frame or a Night Light. They are all pretty cool looking once you get them floating.
That would be their only major drawback (other than their price). They come with a spacer bar for when you initially try to get them to float. The object has to be spaced perfectly between the top and bottom magnets. When I first got one, I admit it probably took me 30-40 tries before I got it to levitate right. After having it a while, I could usually get it within 4 or 5 tries. It's not really that big of an issue, because once it does levitate right, it seldom falls down.

Stellanova Globes - Fascinations other popular levitating globe is probably their best-seller! It's a basic globe that comes in two different sizes (4" and 8") and 3 or 4 different colors. There are no accessories for this line of globes and the only thing it will float is the Globe. It's main drawback for me is the overall appearance. While it looks good aesthetically, it doesn't really look like it's levitating until you are up close to it. It's so close to the top magnet that it appears to be touching it until your really close. The good side to this one is that it is very easy to get to levitating. You just hold it close to the top and you start to feel it when the magnet begins to pull on it, and then you let go.

Terra Magic Globes - These ones look like levitating globe, but they actually don't levitate at all, they just rotate on a pedestal. Stay away from these unless you know what your getting.

Levitron Globes - These used to not be that great, but they recently came out with like 6 or 7 new products for this line of globes and some of them look really cool so I'm gonna hold off making a full review of this product line.

Conclusion - Out of the ones I've experienced, I'd definitely say that the Floating Ideas levitating globes are by far the best, even with the higher price.

No comments:

Post a Comment